January 25, 2016

Lifestyle Photo Session with Baby Eden (and a new ministry)

It's been so encouraging to get your feedback through messages and texts and comments and conversations about the fear posts (here and here). It seems to have really struck a chord and is something we can all relate with. May the Lord set us free and may we walk in the freedom he's given us, Amen.

This summer, Reese, a dear friend of mine, and I started getting together in the early morning to talk about how we could reach the women at our church who feel like outsiders and fringers. The ones (and let's be honest, sometimes it was us ourselves) who feel like they show up week after week and then return home unnoticed, unacknowledged, disconnected, alone. This led to us being connected with Rebecca (from Bea Hufman Photography), who had the same heart and passion. One early morning coffee sesh with Rebecca and I wanted to invite her to be my best friend forever and ever and maybe we can even wear half-heart necklaces, yes?

This was the beginning of Walk Worthy at our church. A once-a-month evening get-together for women of all ages to attend. There's a different speaker talking about a different relevant topic every month and then we have discussion groups, which is where I think the real gold happens.

(And just an eff-why-eye, the next one is February 4th at 7pm - see link above for details!)

It has become one of the most worthwhile and meaningful things I've been a part of. I love, love, love getting to be a tiny part of what God wants to do in our lives. And I love the reward that comes with taking risks.

And one of the greatest treasures has been getting to know Rebecca better and better. I love her heart for the Lord and for people.

Anyways, a couple of weeks ago Rebecca offered to do a session for us after Eden was born. I'm never too keen to have my picture taken immediately after birth because Hi, my name is Postpartum Baby Weight, but these days are just so fleeting and I don't want to forget them. And really, nobody is ever looking as closely at ourselves as ourselves.

So after thinking about it for seven seconds, I agreed. And I am so glad we did.

Seriously. That handsome bearded man. 




Agh, my heart.



The boys were a little (MAJORLY) crazy the day she came over (I blame the snow) so we didn't get a ton of great ones with all of us without them including a) Luke screaming or running away, or b) me sweating while whisper-yelling at them to smile, or c) all of the above.




You totally can't tell Luke is trying to escape, can you?


But I love, love, love the essence of family life in this season that she captured. It's my favorite thing about lifestyle photography. The stylized shoots are fun, but these are the days I want to remember.


The photo in the background is when Baby Grace was in my belly. I love that this picture shows how far redemption can reach. One precious daughter in my heart until Eternity and the other in my arms.
TOTAL. Chaos.  

Attempting to use gummy bears as a bribe for ONE GOOD PHOTO. (It didn't work.)

That's it for today, hope you guys are having a great start to the week!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm so glad you're back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sadie! I miss seeing you every week!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete