January 15, 2016

Baby Eden at (almost) 3 Weeks

We've been settling into being a family of 6 the last almost 3 weeks. I know everyone says it but I can't believe how quickly time is flying, and before we know it, she'll be a month, then a year, then moving out and getting married. All in that order.

I plan to blog her birth story soon (it's a fun one) but in the meantime I wanted to document some of these precious first days photos. The following photos are by my ridiculously talented friend, Rebecca, from Bea Hufman Photography. And if you follow me on Instagram (which you totally should because it's such a fun community!), then you've seen a couple of these.





Eden is a dream baby. She really is. She is all sweetness and beauty and delight to our family. I have at least one moment a day of staring deeply at her, completely unable to grasp that she's my daughter. I love her so.

The dress that she's wearing in the photos below is so special to me because it was one of the few I dared to buy for Grace, so hopeful for life for her. I love that her sister gets to wear it.

(The photos below were taken by me.)



Lukey, with his yogurt hands, being such a big helper. :)







I know. I know. I said I wouldn't be a big-bow mama but that's before I had her in my arms. I can't help it, it's beyond my self-control. Look at the cuteness



I thought I wouldn't be a big-flower mama either but...see: above.




We love you so much, sweet girl, and can't wait to see you grow up into the beautiful girl we know you'll be.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, she's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara SO happy for all of you!!! She is beautiful!!! Followed Grace's story closely as my oldest grand daughter was born with HLHS 14 years ago. She has had all three open heart surgeries and is doing quite well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear she's doing so well, Jeanne!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Matt and Sara!!! We are so happy for you. Eden is beautiful! And she is so lucky to have such great parents and three older brothers watching out for her! And I know Grace is looking down and has her spirit in this whole process. I miss seeing you and your family and hope we run into each other sometime soon. God is GREAT!
    Love, The Paasch family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, it's so great to hear from you guys, I hope you're doing well! And thank you so much, we're so thankful she's here! :)

      Delete
  4. Yay congratulations!!! She looks so much like you Sara! Hoping she's a chubster for you because the fat ones are always the yummiest!! So happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, Carly, they're the best! :)

      Delete