June 03, 2014

Introducing Luke Honor, born May 26th, 2014

The reason I have been MIA is because I've been a little tied up with this guy...


Those lips! I can't stop smooching them.

Luke Honor was born on Memorial Day, May 26th, 2014 at 9:09pm. He weighed 7lbs, 5.5oz and was 19 1/2in long. (I posted on Instagram and Facebook that he was 21in but that was wrong. That was my other boys. Not this guy. 19 1/2. Wow, that feels good to clarify; that was really bothering my OCD.)

This has been the easiest and most peaceful newborn experience we've ever had. Not that Micah and Asher were particularly difficult, but Luke takes peacefulness and contentment to another level.

I cannot get enough of him. I think there's something about losing your last baby that makes the next one indescribably precious. His name means "light" and he has already brought so much light into our family in a short week, I can't wait for all the days to come.

As I've said in my heart countless times, Thank you, Lord. You redeem. You restore. You are good. You are faithful. You are kind. You bring beauty from ashes. You do exceedingly and abundantly beyond what we can ask or think. Thank you, Lord.

My dear friend, Meghan (MDK Photography), took family photos yesterday on Luke's one-week birthday and these are the sneak peeks she posted on Facebook. She's incredibly gifted and I'm so thankful to have these memories from our first week together.

(I'll be posting his birth story soon!)




Oh, my handsome guys.








So far he has blue eyes like his brothers so we'll see if there's any hope of Matt having a true clone. :)

Our sweet Gracie-girl is just as much a part of our family as the day she was born.


Thank you for celebrating our sweet boy with us!


4 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! The pictures are so gorgeous Rejoicing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! He's just precious. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh congratulations! He's beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete