March 09, 2014

27 Weeks Pregnant

We finally had warmth and sunshine yesterday when Matt took this picture so we were immediately out for a hike and bike rides. We take what we can get around here.

27 weeks and 4 days.

How far along: 27 weeks and 5 days. Officially in the 3rd trimester!

Total weight gain/loss: I don't know. Well, I don't know since my last appointment. And I've conveniently "forgotten" what it was. Let's just say I'm sure it was gained

Maternity clothes: In my defense, I did wear a shirt today that isn't maternity. But other than that, all maternity. 

Sleep: It's been a little better the last week. I get up several times a night to go to the bathroom but in between I sleep pretty soundly. 

Best moment this week: I'm just so stinking excited to meet him and hold him that it grows every week as we get closer.

Food cravings: PROTEIN. And sweets.

Food aversions: If it doesn't have protein, I don't want it. 

Gender: A boy! Luke Honor.

Labor signs: Braxton-hicks have started but nothing too strong.

Pregnancy symptoms: Weight gain, sciatica pain, waddling, heartburn, low energy.

What I enjoy: I never tire of the kicks and rolls and turns and hiccups. I'm always in awe of the growing belly and love to imagine him in his cocoon. I'm just so super thankful that I get to carry a baby. I can't wait to have an itty-bitty baby in my arms again. 

What I am looking forward to: Our next ultrasound. It was at this ultrasound that we saw Asher's chin dimple and I'm dying to know if Baby Luke has it too! Micah doesn't have one, Asher does, Grace didn't have one, so now I'm wondering if we're due for another one with that squishy, dimply goodness. :)

This photo of Matt last weekend in the middle of the blizzard we were having will give you an idea of how much snow we've had and why it's such a big deal when the temperatures hit 40 and the sun is shining. The wind chill was like negative 20 in this picture.  


5 comments:

  1. Love the snow in the background! Can't wait to "meet" baby Luke too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog by way of the article in Spirit Led Magazine on line. Your writing is wonderful and your message on grief will help many walking through grief or standing by those who are grieving. I am a grandma with a grandson, son and precious daughter in love who live in Missoula, hike, bike, ski and travel to exotic places. I love your photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary, I appreciate you leaving a comment. :) And who knows, I may very well know your son and daughter-in-love! :)

      Delete