December 20, 2013

The Story Behind the Photo

I posted this picture to Facebook yesterday and I was shocked at how many people responded to it. I mean I thought it was hilarious but I guess I've seen it so often I forgot what that feeling is like to witness it for the first time.

So, the story behind the Asher face.

Asher has this fake laugh he started doing a while ago. He scrunches up his face, puts his head back, and pushes out his double chin (which that part doesn't actually take much effort at all). It is seriously the funniest face I have ever seen a child make. Every time he does it, even if he was previously in trouble, it makes me laugh out loud. One time we were out to eat and I was a Fussy McFusserpants for some reason or another, and was not speaking to my children or husband and Asher made this face and I burst out laughing and it changed the whole mood.

I have also literally been laying in bed almost asleep and a picture of it will cross my mind and I'll burst out laughing and not be able to stop.

We have never been able to get him to do it on command because I've wanted a picture of it for forever and especially before he stopped doing it, so the fact that I happened to capture one yesterday pretty much completed my entire life.

Here is the photo I posted to Facebook and then another one that I captured just before.



I seriously cannot tell you how happy I am that I was able to capture this on camera before he stopped doing it. It's never not funny to me. Never. Not funny. 

Here are a few others that I got of them that I didn't post to Facebook. 

Getting ready to head out for our shoot and I was trying to keep them as put together for as long as possible.

Scopin' out our first location.

Ok, this one I already posted but seriously. Right?

Poor babies. They were so cold but never put up a big fight; they had great attitudes.



I have been in love with these eyes and this boy all his life.


Little blurry but it kills me.






Maybe it's because I'm their mother and I know them so well but I feel like you can get a glimpse of their personalities and their differences from these pictures. Maybe?

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Sara,
    Thank you for sharing your story and these beautiful pictures of your family! We too, suffered a loss of our two twin boys exactly 10 years ago (April 2003) before you lost your precious daughter. I lost them on my 25th birthday. Like you, I am a Christian and have spent my life in Montana.... thank you for sharing again - :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear about your boys, Jen. Thanks for stopping by here. I hope you find joy in their memory this year.

      Delete