September 08, 2013

Stillbirth Series, Sara McNutt Photography, and Jim Gaffigan

I haven't forgotten about my Series on Stillbirth. Quite the contrary, I've been brainstorming and researching how to reach the right audience. And by right, I really probably mean wrong. The audience who has had the most painful experience of stillbirth or infant loss.

Another blogger that I'm getting to know, Sarah at Life and Grace, also believes God has given her a vision for reaching babyloss mamas with the purpose of grieving with hope. We both agreed that many babyloss sites or blogs have such a tone of despair to them. It's the loss of their baby and all the nightmare that comes with it....and that's it. No hope of redemption, restoration, reunion, no comfort that Christ alone gives. So while neither of us would have chosen our paths, it's where God has set our feet, so we're hoping and praying that God would redeem our stories and use them in every possible way. I know Satan was hoping this would destroy us but, by God's grace, no can do.

In the meantime I'm also getting my photography off the ground again. I put it on the back burner all these months because I was simply not finding any joy in it anymore. I had lost my passion for it. But I'm finding that it's returning (accompanied with some some hard work) and I'm ready to jump back in. I've added the link to my Facebook page to the right here =======>. Feel free to visit and "like" it and keep updated with sessions, happenings, info, etc.

So lots happening, in addition to normal life. Pre-school for Micah for the first time. Bible studies, family, friends, Matt's graduate program. But all good stuff. Life-giving stuff.

So keep checking back. We'll be getting these things off the ground. My next post should be the first installment in the Stillbirth Series. It's been in my head for several weeks now. I just need the quiet and state of mind to sit down and write it. It's not a topic that I can normally sit down and fly through. I've written, deleted, written again, deleted the entire thing. It's hard to convey the depth of such a loss and its ability to usurp your normal state of being. But it'll come and I'll write.

Also, I'm not a fan of selfies but I haven't posted any pictures recently and so I thought I'd post a picture of my recent haircut.


I was sick to death of my long hair and since my hair grows super fast I'm not super attached to it. So here it is. (I've actually even gone a little shorter than this but I feel like I've used up my Selfies Quota.) (And it's currently slicked back and pulled into a morning bed-head bun.) (And I don't have any makeup on.) (I'd prefer to spare you the Ruined Day.)

Seriously, love Jim Gaffigan. Very few people make me laugh out loud like he does.

6 comments:

  1. I think you'll find wonderful reception to posting about your loss. I have been blogging about my son, whom I lost at 35 weeks for a couple of months, and have gotten very positive feedback. You're right, this community needs more messages of hope and salvation. I'm still discerning what God wants for my blog and this experience in my life. All we can do is put it out there, pray about it, and listen for His voice. Thanks for sharing your journey.

    Kelly
    http://www.airplainesfromheaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, thank you so much for commenting and leaving your blog address. I was able to read through your story last night and my heart just breaks with yours. Our stories are very, very similar so I can relate to so much of what you write.
      Lifting you up, sweet sister.

      Delete
  2. Yes, may God use our stories!
    And, I love the hair and ... I love Jim Gaffigan! No one can talk about food like he does haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Jim Gaffigan. Need I say more? :)

      Delete
  3. I've been reading your story and my heart aches for you. In that way that only another loss mama knows. I'm so glad you are doing this series and that you linked up so others could find it. Thank you for sharing about Grace. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweet Diana, I have been praying so much for you, so grieved with you. I am so, so sorry for your losses, for your sweet boys.
      Thank you for taking the time to comment and please know I continue to pray for you and with you. Your pain is not wasted and I look so forward to God's redeeming story.
      Love,
      Sara

      Delete