April 23, 2013

Striving for Normalcy

We've had a very rough last few days. Matt got some sort of food poisoning (we think) which wiped him out for a solid day. On top of this I've struggled the hardest with our situation that I have this entire time. We also had a real scare in which we thought we had lost Baby Grace.

I barely made it out of bed this morning and was thankful for this verse a friend sent me.

This is my comfort in my affliction,
that your promise gives me life.
Psalm 119:50

In the midst of all this, I'm thankful for some normalcy. Matt and I decided a long time ago that if we're going to make it through in one piece we need to cling to each other and to God, and have as much normalcy as possible, especially for the boys sake.

So in the midst of an awful weekend, we strove for some normalcy.

We watched Dora.


I painted my toenails pink for Baby Grace.

(And because I know someone will ask, my tattoo says, "Send me, Lord, for I am willing," in Arabic. In college I was convinced I was going to be a missionary to the Middle East.)


Micah wanted a picture of his toes after he saw me taking one of mine. :)


We went to a dog show.





And once Matt recovered from the Black Plague I took an afternoon to myself (which included a trip to Big Dipper).


One day at a time. One day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sara! I know it must be getting hard to reach those toes, so next time you want a pedi, call me! I have a shellac kit!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at all these pictures, I DO see your present blessings! Your boys are A- Mazing, Matt's ice -cream looks D-Licious and your toes look very BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Baby Grace and your family are a very special part of my daily prayers and all my positive thoughts are sent to your family as the Lord tells us of his plan for Grace. God is with you in your struggles as are all of us who can only hope our comments in some way let you all know your in our thoughts daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara I'm not sure how else to contact you. I hope this tiny comment can express even the smallest amount of my love, prayers, and support from CO.

    My heart is broken wide open for you and your sweet family. Baby Grace will NEVER be forgotten. Ever. How could she? That little lady impacted so many during her time in your belly. I marked in my calendar to remind me that April 26 2013 is the day she got to meet Jesus. Incredibly difficult to process, but grateful she was welcomed into glory by our loving God. Painful as it is for you and Matt and everyone else who loved her, she is in the arms of our perfect Jesus now.

    So much love from CO. You are an amazing woman. Baby Grace was blessed to have you as her mama.

    ReplyDelete