April 18, 2013

Encouraging Doctors Appointment Today

The ups and downs of this journey are very difficult. I've learned that a heart can plummet from great heights to great depths and still survive.

But encouraging news is encouraging news and after asking everyone to pray yesterday for some very specific things, we had an encouraging report at our appointment this morning and I wanted to make sure to share with everyone.

For the last two and a half weeks, every appointment has been bad news upon bad news. Grace's condition has been steadily declining for these last almost three weeks.

(By the way, someone asked me how often we have appointments. We see the pediatric cardiologist for a fetal echo every week, as well as the perinatologist for an ultrasound every week. Every four weeks we see my regular OB, although after next week we will be seeing him every two weeks.)

Today at our appointment with the perinatologist (who tracks her overall condition which includes the fluid build-up and her progression of heart failure) he said that there has been no change from last week's appointment. He said that it is certainly not worse but rather stable.

I can't tell you how happy and relieved we were!

Things are still very serious; we won't know more about the condition of her single ventricle until our next appointment with Dr. Hardy, but at this point we will take any good news we can get and stable is very good news.

So many of you have commented and messaged me and I wish I could respond back to every single one of them, but please know that if I don't get a chance to, it doesn't mean I haven't seen it or been deeply impacted and encouraged by it. It blows our minds beyond belief that so many people have taken up Baby Grace in love and prayer.

The specific things we need prayer for are the same and those can be found here. Thank you for praying and for loving us so well.

14 comments:

  1. Hey, Sara! I saw a tweet from Kelly @ Kelly's Korner to pray for you and sweet Grace. I'm praying for her and for strength for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christy. We need it, and Baby Grace needs it more. :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome--rejoicing with you all. Keep going Baby Grace!! You're too legit to quit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! I saw a tweet from Kelly @ Kelly's Korner and have been thinking and praying for you all afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also here from kelly's tweet and have been reading your story all afternoon. I am praying for your family and baby Grace. So wonderful to hear a praise today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara,

    I've been following your posts from my husband's cousin Johanna. I'm covering you, your family and precious baby girl Grace in prayer and believing God for a miracle! I lead a mom's group on Tuesday mornings and we are praying too!

    May His grace be more than sufficient for you in this storm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to let you know that I have the women in my life group praying for baby Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying, hoping, believing and trusting for miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear the encouraging news!!!! Prayers are still all around for everyone!!! Bless the Lord for the news!!! Baby Grace is surrounded with positive thoughts and always in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. praying for you.....read about your blog on Kellys....and have added you to my sidebar.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thoughts & prayers to you Sara! So good to hear you have receieved encouraging news at your last apt. ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying with and for you all. <3

    ReplyDelete