April 01, 2013

A Seattle Easter

(Caution: lots of pictures ahead.)

We got into Seattle on Saturday. We have several appointments this week with doctors here. We also have tours of both hospitals scheduled. We decided to make a mini family vacation out of it since it'll be awhile before we get to do something like this again. Also, between Matt's school and Grace's situation, our family desperately needed some good QT together.


We spent most of Sunday at the zoo. But not without a visit to the other love of my life. A donut shop. This place came highly ranked in Internet World and it did not disappoint. I loved the atmosphere and would have loved to spend more time here.




We headed to the the zoo after that and we could not have asked for more perfect weather. 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. I think our faces were even a little pink by the end of the day. Do Montanans even remember what that's like?

(Some of these are phone pictures, others are my real camera pictures.)






Another "McNutt!" We're not alone!






This was the end of the day. The boys were totally pooped.

See? This is within minutes of getting in the car.


We're staying in a town about 20 minutes from downtown Seattle and we had no idea what a cool town it would be! It's right on the water and it has this really neat boardwalk/lighthouse area. Because it was Easter (I'm assuming) there were tons of people out with campfires and cookouts and volleyball games and ice cream cones. It was so neat.








While we've had fun and tried to make it a great time for the boys, we definitely haven't forgotten why we're here. In fact, as Matt and I were walking along the water tonight, I told him that I wish we could just be here for fun only, that every time I remember why we're there I'm overwhelmed with sadness. He agreed.

I even caught myself envying other families at the zoo. I was waiting to use the restroom and there was a family with two boys and a baby girl and without even thinking about it, I was jealous of them and their seemingly perfect health. I know several of you have commented that you're praying for us while we're here and we appreciate it. Being here makes it even more real. It just doesn't feel like home here but it will be for awhile and I want to accept it sooner rather than later. 

Even though we didn't spend this Easter at church with other Christ-followers, the day wasn't lost on us. Several times as we walked around the zoo and my heart was so full with love for my boys and my husband, I thanked the Lord for his life, death, and resurrection that made it possible for us to be there, full of joy and new life. 

I'm thankful that Friday wasn't the end. 

I'm thankful that Sunday came. 

Even when it seemed like Saturday would never end. 

He is risen indeed. 

2 comments:

  1. Sara,
    My name is Susan McNutt. I actually have never met another McNutt outside my 3 brothers and my parents. My friend Jenny Armerding guided me to your posting. I too have a son right now who is having significant and life threatening heart issues. We have been dealing with this sometimes successfully sometimes catastrophically since 2010. My child is not a two legged boy, but a horse, so I know this may not seem quite the same, but I was there when he was born and I was the first living being to hold him and help him. He feels like a son to me. I wish for you all the most healing thoughts and good energy for heart healing as I too am going through heart issues with my boy and am praying for miracles. Perhaps we have a connection, perhaps our prayers will be heard. Hold on and blessings be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to mention that one of my brothers is Tico McNutt...oops.

    ReplyDelete