January 14, 2013

A Desire of My Heart that God Granted

This weekend our temperatures dropped into the single digits. Single Digits have this uncanny ability to zap me of all energy and will to do anything. Which accounted for two very lazy weekend days. I took these pictures of the boys as they frolicked in the snow and I feel like I need a nap just looking at them.

(Oh yeah, we just put our house on the market.)

 My handsome mountain man.

 This boy loves the snow!





Seriously, this picture and its marshmallow goodness could kill me.







So yes, about a week ago we put our house on the market. We have two items on our must-have list for our next home:

1. In town

2. Accessible back yard

That's all. We don't get into much of a hullaballoo about granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, 7,000 square feet, blah, blah, blah. 

So, it'll be exciting to see what comes of the next few months. 

Especially when I remembered today what I asked the Lord for not long ago. 

On December 17th, 2012 in my journal I told the Lord that a dream of mine is to write for a living. Literally within a week I was asked if I'd like to write for a well-respected photography website. The Lord is so kind and good! It wasn't a need, just a desire that I had treasured in my heart and in his goodness and kindness, he gave me that desire. 

I now write regularly for that website and just recently was asked to take on a bigger assignment. Again, so thankful! It's also built my faith to continue to bring him my whole heart, desires and all. I think sometimes we hold back our desires more than almost anything else because we're afraid of being disappointed. I still struggle with that but I'm more apt to press through and lay it all out there.

Perhaps there's something you've been treasuring in your heart that he wants you to bring to him. Don't let unbelief and lack of faith keep you from it! We may not always get everything just as we desired, but even when that's the case, it's because he's all knowing and won't do what's not good for us.

Hope you have a great start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. YAY Sara!! I love that you get to write for them! Excited to see how it grows! Literally this morning Laura and I were talking about how cool it is that you get to write for them! God is generous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angi! And yay, my blog let you comment! Still need to get that figured out...

      Delete