November 13, 2012

Downton Abbey and a Family Session

Today I woke up not only on the wrong side of the bed but in the wrong country on the wrong continent in a place that smells like dung where people are speaking languages that sound strangely like Needs and Wants and I simply cannot bear it. And before you accuse me of being melodramatic, I don't know exactly how that's different from dramatic so I think I win there. But nice try.

I finished season 3 of Downton Abbey last night and then I couldn't sleep all night. I kept waking up and replaying scenes in my mind and then being furious that I was still not sound asleep and for-the-love-who-cares that Thomas is staying on and what does that mean for Mr. Bates?

You might say that I become involved.

Needless to say, my lack of sleep caused my awakening in a foreign land.

In other news, potty training is going awesome. At home is almost always consistent. Except during naptime and bedtime. What do you do for that? Wake them up? Suggestions welcome. Out and about is hit and miss. Mostly because I'm kind of lazy about asking and taking bathroom breaks. It's so much easier when everywhere is a toilet, you know? Public restrooms are disgusting to the highest degree but kids don't know that yet, so it's no big thing for them to eagerly run to the toilet and grab it or enthusiastically touch the flusher. No, no, no, no, no.

This past weekend I had a session with an amazing family. The husband even cancelled hunting so he could be there. For those of you who don't live in Montana, I'm not sure you know that you couldn't ask for a higher sacrifice. Lay down your life for a friend, maybe. But this is pretty up there.

They were also very tough. It was in the teens that day and there was nary a complaint.

My favorite photo from the session. 

These are a few of my other favorites from the day.

 This daddy loves his little girl.

Cuddling mama.

Beautiful and smart Kaylyn.

Thanks Kaylyn and family for a great session!

Gotta run, Asher is pulling out all the ziplock baggies one by one!

3 comments: