November 05, 2012

Asher, Photography, and a Book

This weekend felt like a busy one, though I'm not exactly sure why. Matt studied much of Saturday, maybe that was part of it. Yesterday while Micah napped I caught some sweet moments between Matt and Asher. Prepare ye, Heart. Death doth come thine way.

But first, I love this photo. Asher can be such a serious, curious little bug. 
He was "investigating" while Matt studied just behind him.

 Daddy wrestling time.



Beard tickles.
 

Is this level of Cute possible? Look at the chin dimple! 
He may not look like Matt any other way, but that is Daddy's chin all the way!











So sweet. Sometimes it's too much. It's simply too much.

I'm getting my photography business off the ground, little by little. I worked on that this weekend too. While coming back from the conference last week, the Lord gave me the name for it. I didn't want to use my name (McNutt, hello?) and I didn't want to just pull something out of thin air that didn't have any meaning for me. So I'd been praying and asking him to give me a name and he did.

gracePhotography

(I'm still working on the stylization.)

And what book did I read for the first time less than an hour after he brought the name to mind? One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, in which the first several chapters are entirely about grace, complete with Greek etymology and other smart things. I was floored. It was such sweet confirmation.

There are many details to be worked out (and details and I have never been close, never) but I'm not hurrying or forcing things. The Lord has directed my steps in this from the very beginning and I trust him to do that tomorrow and the next day and the day after that. In the meantime I'm learning as much of the art and skill as I can, combined with lots of practice. More of which will happen this month. Outside of my family practice, which is a whole different world.

But I love people, love people, and I love this and I've already had a huge blast, so I'm looking forward to what this will look like.

On a last note. My very, very, very good friend from many years past, and my very, very, very good friend who's new to my life (where has she been all my life?) have just released an ebook. It's already #1 on Amazon for missions, #2 for evangelism, and #3 for something else (oh my gosh, I can't remember) (but we're very good friends) (I'm just pregnant, that's all). I had the chance to review it last week and it was oh so stinking good. Seriously. Amazing.

If you've ever found yourself mindlessly on the internet, desperate to come across something interesting to suck even more brain cells away than the previous hour did, then this is the book for you. It's a book that challenges and equips you to use social media to make God known. Seriously, check it out. So good.

Happy Monday, my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest pictures ever!!! Thanks so much for sharing about reach!! :) You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete