October 11, 2012

Photography and a Photo Shoot

From a very young age one of my passions in life (besides Jesus, family, etc., etc.) has been traveling. I've lived for traveling to foreign countries. I eat the people and their cultures up. At this very moment I can recall exactly how I felt in almost every, if not every, country I've ever been. I don't know what it is. I can't explain it. It's just part of what makes me me.

And after traveling, writing. I love to write. Writing comes as naturally to me as eating the last cookie off the plate. Very naturally, in other words. I love it. I deeply, deeply, enjoy it. I frame happenstances through the lens of writing. And when I write I write as if I'm sitting across from you telling you a story. I don't want to tell you what to feel, I just want you to feel what I feel. So I try to convey that through words.

Why am I telling you all this?

Because for as long as I've known me, my outside passions have always been traveling and writing. Traveling and writing. That's me. It's who I am. I've never taken to anything the way I have to travel and writing. I've long said my dream job would be a travel journalist. (Seriously, how do people get those jobs? They make me sick.)

(Also as a side note, children never diminished these things for me. They became a part of my stories. And as far as traveling is concerned, now we just have the two best little guys to come with us in our adventures.)

So all that to give a little background into what sticks to me. Singing? No, no sticking. Playing instruments? No, sir. Sewing, crafts, DIYing, Etsy? No, ma'am. Grab a sharp object quick and stab it in my ear.

But about four weeks ago I took a tiny inquisitive step into Photography World and was completely rocked. My friends, I was captivated faster than.......well, very fast.

I love (LOVE) it and everything about it. I can't read enough about it. I can't practice enough. I can't talk about it enough. We're likethis. What will come of it? I don't know. Jesus authors the script of my life and I happen to believe this is a chapter he's writing. I'm at the intersection of His Purpose and My Action and I'm ready for anything.

I take a lot of practice pictures and I'm slooooooowly learning the ropes of Lightroom. And here's where I'm pushing back against my natural tendencies. In addition to my Sanguine-ness, I am also a Type-A perfectionist. Heaven help me. Trust me, I hardly handle me sometimes. And with that comes my natural tendency to not put anything of myself out there until I feel "together" enough. And this is especially true when it comes to skills and abilities. But I'm pushing back against that. And I'm posting pictures I'm taking even though on the inside I have a running dialogue of critique going (just so I can stay one step ahead of you and not be caught off guard by criticism, but be able to say, I already know that). (Someone please tell me you can relate.)

So I'm posting pictures and I'm resisting the urge to caption every single one with an I-know-that-already - I know the editing is terrible, I'm learning, I've been doing this two weeks, I know his face isn't in focus, blah, blah, blah.

So, without much ado about nothing and to make the grandparentals happy, a mini shoot with my handsome boys.











I know this is waaaaay overexposed but his eyes are so beautiful.





































No comments:

Post a Comment