October 13, 2012

My Beautiful Parents

The colors are just amazing here right now. I've been wanting to have a photo shoot with my parents so we decided to make it happen quick before the colors leave us for another year. Believe it or not these bright colors come from a cluster of trees next door to a grocery store. 

For those who don't know, my mom is half Navajo and she has the most beautiful Navajo features. Well, she has the most beautiful everything. But I just love how her Navajo heritage stands out in photos. High cheekbones. Big beautiful smile. Olive skin. Thick hair. (You'd never know she was *bleep* years old.)

(I'd rather preserve our rather healthy mother-daughter relationship, which includes, but is not limited to, divulging your mother's age publicly.)

Here are a few of my favorite shots. 





 My parents' dog, Neko.





 This is an outtake. I love my dad's face!







 Of course Micah made a debut. What's a practice session without him?











 She was laughing at Micah.

 Beautiful mama and beautiful tree. I love fall.





 This wasn't part of my practice session, my dad was just chasing Neko down for the 5,784 time.



 My mom's side of the family has made authentic Indian jewelry for decades. This is a necklace my uncle made. It's beautiful.



33 years and many more to come.













I had a great time and I hope they did too! They were perfect for it!

1 comment: