October 08, 2012

Apple Fest

Oh my gosh, I have to just get this out there. Ignoring it won't help anyone, it will only hurt. I can't believe I didn't bring this up 5 minutes after I posted this.

I'm going to just say it.

.....

The bow ties.

Matt and his groomsmen were wearing bow ties.

I know you thought our wedding pictures were terrible but once you saw the bow ties it kind of subtracted from my case. Because, really?

But here's the full story. The day before our wedding I was at the church with some of my bridesmaids and family and we were decorating. We were deep into decorating when my phone rang. Matt's nervous prepare-yourself-for-bad-news voice hit my ears.

She put the order in wrong, he said. She ordered bow ties instead of the regular black ties.

After a millisecond thought of, We're going to be the goofiest looking bridal party to ever grace the 21st century, I sucked it up and said, Ok, well there's nothing we can do now. It is what it is.

But that leaves us with pictures that not only are ridiculous to the highest degree but also with men in tuxes and bow ties.

So I just had to get that out there. I feel much better now that you know that was not a personal choice. I may not have much style but I have enough style to go with a solid No on matters such as these.

Moving on.

This past weekend was incredibly beautiful here so when some friends told us about Apple Fest in a nearby town we decided to check it out. And I am so glad we went. Not only did we hit up the biggest children's consignment event I've ever seen and scored some super cute things for almost nothing, the Apple Fest itself was so cute and fun, especially with the gorgeous fall weather we were having.

See?



My favorite score from the consignment sale. Front.


Back. 
For all of Micah's fly-fishing needs. (We do live in one of the world's premier fly-fishing locations.)


At the Apple Fest. My handsome hubby.






Micah got to sit in a fire truck not long ago so he was very excited to see this one (although he was disappointed he couldn't sit in it.) 




Apple Butter. Oh my gosh, the smell was to die for.




This place roasts their coffee fresh every morning and brews it by cup and I have to say it was one of the best cups of cups of coffee I've ever had.


Getting hugs from brother.


Someone was fading. We were way past naptime.


I loved this art. I wanted it so badly in our house.


An almost 50lb pumpkin! This guy had to stop and take rests carrying it!


Taking a break.


The best apple cider I've ever tasted.


I love these pictures. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Matt has a special connection with his sons and it shows in almost every photo.








Hope you had a great weekend!

Linked up with The Parent Hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment