October 15, 2012

A Blossoming Friendship

It has been one of the deepest joys of my life to see a friendship form between Micah and Asher. Asher is at an age where they can legitimately play together, beyond being in the same physical vicinity, but actually playing. Micah has taken on the role of protective big brother like a champ. Not only is he always concerned about Asher but a couple of days ago I got to witness the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

I had my camera on the kitchen table and unbeknownst to me the strap was hanging off the side. Asher, being ever the curious bugger, crawled over and pulled on it, causing my new camera to go crashing to the ground. My immediate reaction was very calm and gracious as evidenced by my, Noooooooooo! Followed up with lots of, No, no, noooo!

I flapped around like a crazy hen checking it over and taking lots of pictures to see if it were acting normal (unlike its owner). Asher sat on the kitchen floor with a confused look on his face (probably wondering how on earth somebody as cute as him could ever do something wrong, of which I agree most of the time).

In the process of this I got to witness the most amazing thing, and it stripped my heart bare. Micah had seen the entire thing, intently watching my every action. While I quickly took pictures, testing different settings, I glanced through my viewfinder to see Micah find a ball (Asher's favorite thing in the entire world), settle down feet to feet with his brother, and very gently toss it into his lap.

Asher, thwow ball? Asher picked it up and threw it back at him.

Good job, Ash-er! You so smarwt!







This happened three times as I sat back on my heels and watched Micah comfort his beloved baby brother in the best way he knew how - catch. Asher's favorite game.

Oh, how it blessed me so. Thank you, Jesus, more than I can say for these boys of mine who bring such goodness and fullness to our lives.

Yesterday we visited a pumpkin patch. I've said it a thousand times, and I'll say it again - I love Fall. Anyone else?














 I love that unruly tuft of hair.





 Matt has the ability to make friends wherever he goes.







 Where's Waldo?







May pumpkin spice lattes inhabit your life today.

(Linked up today with Parent Hood.)

No comments:

Post a Comment