April 13, 2012

Micah and Asher - Brothers

I believe a lie. I know it's a lie, but I still believe it. Here's the lie (but not lie in my head).

If it's organic, then it's healthy for you.

Organic ice cream. Healthy.

Organic whip cream. Healthy.

Grass-fed beef burger. Healthy.

And not as in it's less bad for you than non-organic or factory-produced beef.

As in it benefits-you-part-of-the-food-triangle-slightly-above-vegetables good for you.

As in it should be a part of a healthy diet. Every day.

My right brain is telling me that's not true. My left brain is saying, You're a Right Brain, what do you know?

With that being said, I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner Blog today because it's all about moms with all boys. That would be me.

My boys are 18 months apart (and yes, this was planned, and no, I'm actually not overwhelmed, and yes, sometimes it's really busy, and no, I don't wish for some peace and quiet ((Liar!)) and yes, thank you, they're the cutest boys ever, I agree).

Micah, our oldest, just turned 2 in February, and Asher, our Little (even though he weighs 25 pounds) was born on August 27th.

We're in a really fun season right now because Asher is able to "play" back with Micah to some extent. And by play I mean stare interestedly and reach for whatever toy Micah is holding, which then causes Micah to say very sweetly, No, no, ma toy. Of which we're working on. Hearts that share. Hearts that love our little brother and look out for him because you guys are brothers and that means you're best friends for the rest of your lives and that means you look out for each other and love each other and protect each other. We review that a lot.

I wanted a little girl really badly both times, but now after having two boys I'd totally choose another little boy.

(Judah. I love that name.)

(We're not pregnant.)

(If we were pregnant and it was a girl, I'd be ok with that too.)

(But still. Judah. Super cute.)

Here's a couple pictures from St. Patty's Day.




There we be. Over and out.

16 comments:

  1. Oh gosh they are ADORABLE! Loving them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on Kelly's Korner. Your boys are super cute. I love their names I have two boys as well-(Elias and Owen). Enjoy your sweet little men.
    -ashley
    http://pencilleddaydream.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for responding! I was able to check out your blog too, super cute, and your boys too!

      Delete
  3. Our boys are 19 months apart- your photos bring back such sweet memories. They are now grown young men and the best of friends, and have been throughout their lives. I thought I wanted a girl too, but after the birth of our second son I think boys are the best!
    -stopping by from Allume

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra! Thanks for stopping by! I'm sure my season seems like yesterday for you. I try to remind myself of that on the rough days when I'm wishing the dependence away!

      Delete
  4. I had to comment because I have a son named Micah and a son named Asher :) AND, if we have a fifth son, we plan to name him Judah. My boys ( four of them) are close together also and we love it! Cute little guys you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to check out your blog, and I LOVE your sons' names, and they are soooo cute! We have the same name taste because I also loved Malachi and Silas for names!

      Delete
  5. Stopped by from kellys korner. My boys are 20 months apart, ages 3 and 2. Yours are super sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes by so fast, doesn't it? Thanks for stopping by, your boys are too cute!

      Delete
  6. Hi- I'm over from Kelly's Corner. I am Melissa and have 2 boys also- mine are 20 mos. apart. They are Elijah and Micah and are currently 3.5 and 22 mos. I love your blog from what I have read so far. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! Thanks for commenting and stopping by! I was able to check your blog out, super cute boys! I LOVE their names too!!

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh your boys are too cute! I just love them! Also, why can't organic ice cream be healthy?!?! Maybe in heaven... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hilarious! I just tried setting a date with sara in heaven so we can indulge guilt free. you are welcome to join us too:)

      Delete
  8. sara i love your blog - what a treasure!! the photos are awesome too...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. very precious post. Two things we have in common: 1) my third son is an Asher, and 2) I made organic brown sugar scones today and ate them with nearly half a cup of organic apricot preserves. VERY HEALTHY INDEED! Let's set a date for tea on the other side of Glory when such high fat "organic" foods won't be such a concern.

    ReplyDelete