January 21, 2010

38 Weeks and Almost 2 Days

I am definitely full-term pregnant, I feel it in my body. My ligaments feel like gumby. My lower back HURTS. I have cankles and snausage toes. I'm unsteady on my feet. All I can think about is where's the nearest comfy chair. I have gall stones, and spent a night last week in Labor and Delivery so they could treat it. Not fun at all.

BUT.

I'm surprisingly not totally miserable. For some reason I just find it necessary to highlight all of the negative. Although I do have to mention one more change. My hormones are definitely out of control. I am ridiculously irritable and easily angered.

Matt's been so fantastic though. He's been just awesome during this whole process.

But I still don't feel ready to deliver, I feel like he needs a couple more weeks in my belly. I want his little lungs to be fully developed and I want him to have the fullest chance at being totally and completely developed. I do have to admit though, I have looked up natural induction methods. And you better believe that at 40 weeks on the nose we're putting those into place.

Oh, I'm tired. So tired. That's all I have the energy for, folks.

2 comments:

  1. Sara,

    You are going to be such a fantastic mother. Matts Dad told me something on the way to the hospital when I was in labor with Stacy that I will never forget. He told me that I was about to experience a love that was different from anything I could possibly image. He was right. It was and still is so impossible to describe the joy and love you feel for your own children. You will see very very soon--rest well and take care of yourself--I pray everytime I think of you that labor will be easy and quick and all will go very very well. Love Mom 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    I know exactly how you feel! My son is only a year and a half so those memories are still so fresh in my mind. It's only a few more weeks, and then your life will never be the same again. And you'll love it! I've heard through the grapevine you are having some "girl" days....that's a good thing. Cant wait to see pic's of your precious boy.

    P.S. I read your blog as often as you post, I just need to get better at a reply every now and then.

    Krystina

    ReplyDelete