May 31, 2009

My Life Will Never Be the Same Again

That's right, it's positive. Holy mackerel.

We're starting our baby's travels at a young age.

3 tests. Just to be sure.


Friday morning our lives were forever changed. I'm gonna have to make a long story short. Thursday night, about 2am, I woke up to go to the bathroom. I had the crazy thought to use a pregnancy test to see if I could be pregnant, since I was a couple days late. You know what I mean. We're all grown-ups here.

I had a cheesy, generic brand from quite awhile ago, from a time that I kind of half-thought I could be, but didn't really think so. Since it was 2 in the morning, I didn't even wait for it, I just took it back to bed with me. I laid there for a few minutes and then used my cell phone light to look at it.

I believe my exact thoughts were: SHUT. Up.

I laid there for the next two hours in a state of shock, bed covers over my head, using my cell phone as my light. A friend said that I probably looked light a human-sized lightning bug.

I intended to stay awake until Matt got up at 5 for work, but I ended up falling soundly asleep, and when I awoke at 6:32am, I realized I just missed him. Shoot.

Instead, however, I heard his voice in the kitchen, so, wearing my bathrobe with test securely tucked inside, I wandered out to see why he was still home. Long story short: he had a crazy truck breakdown.

Needless to say, our truck has been forever laid to rest in Truck Graveyard.

After the hubbalaboo passed, as calm as can be (in a state of shock), I took The Test out of my pocket, and said, "Babe, I think I'm pregnant."

In sticking with the conciseness of my story, we bought two more tests, of which both came out positive.

I realize it's probably a little early to share the news, but you're talking about Matt and I here. We decided we were gonna keep it on the DL for a few weeks, and that lasted all of about 9 minutes.

What can I say?? We're expressive.

That's our wonderful news, and we gladly expect our lives to never be the same again. Please pray for us and our new little baby!

On a side note, below is the all-organic, from-scratch chocolate raspberry cake Matt made for me, just because. It was fantabulous.



6 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog and thought I would just say Congratulations! You are right, your life will never be the same. It will be so much more blessed! We will say a prayer for your precious little one.
    What a great story on how you found discovered being pregnant. The kids will love it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl...you have no idea how excited I am. This is the most amazing blessing for you and Matt. Since the moment that you told me I can't get you out of my head. Your lives will never be the same. I am thrilled to go through this with you guys and to be there for whatever you may need. You guys are family to us and we would do anything for you. It's amazing how much love you can have for this little baby without even knowing if it's a boy or girl or even seeing it's sweet face. I am praying that you will have the most amazing experience and for a healthy and relatively "easy" pregnancy. OH...I am so overjoyed..I can't wait to see what God's plans are for your new family.

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Baby:

    OK, let's just say that since you told us we have already been to the courthouse to gain custody for us & Linda. We figure you guys can have the baby at least twice a year!!!!!!! When you told dad the news, we were in a hotel in Farmington. I'm sure my scream scared the room next to us out of of a deep sleep & bolt upright!!! As I write, I still can't believe it. When you asked me to wait to say anything, that was like asking me to not eat green chile for the rest of my life!!! I was already on the other phone when dad was talking to you to call Michelle. I reluctantly hung up:( But, as soon as I got the go head to say something I was on the phone with everyone I could think of including people I didn't even know. I was just dialing random numbers, I was so excited.... When I called Chelle I had a real serious voice, I said "Sit down, I need to tell you something". She said "What's wrong, is Sara pregnant"? She screamed louder that me. We are so excited for you & Matt, you guys are going to be AWESOME parents. Your right, your lives will never be the same again. You are going to go down the most amazing road you will ever experience. The most blessed time in my life was being able to be a stay-at-home mom & raise you & Robert!!! Cherish every moment in the days & months to come. I pray for an amazing next 9 months for you & Matt, as your little one grows in your belly:) Take lots of pictures, drink plenty of water & stay away from the buffets. I still can't believe it......... You know whatever you need, just call us. We are already planning a trip to Misoulla in the next couple of months. Love you baby. Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SOOO excited for you!!! I remember each time I saw the red lines on the preggo stick! Three kids later, I would never take it back for an instant, even with hectic times. Children are such a blessing! Congrats to you and Matt, you both will be amazing parents.

    Krystina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Matt & Sara! John and I are so happy for you. We totally recommend the books "Baby Wise" - you can buy the first one at Walmart - it hsa been a big help to us in learning how to be parents...We will be praying for your family and for the Lord to bless your sacred time together before your new little one arrives:)

    -Jess Fildes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have dreamed of the day Matt would be a father. He will be the ultimate father! Knowing you are the mother of my sweet little grandchild is even more wonderful..God has so many blessings in store for both of you. I cant wait and will be there whenever you need me as long as I dont interfere with #1 Mom time----she is first!!! Wow this is going to be such a special child---so much love on both sides. And I am all about the visitation rights for you all in when she is about 6 months. I think NOLO needs a sister cousin!

    ReplyDelete