April 02, 2009

Thankful Thursday (Except That It's Saturday)

Matt and I had a whirlwind 72 hours, thus I was not able to be thankful on Thankful Thursday (at least on paper), so I'm doing some catching up...

I'm thankful...

...that Matt and I got a mini-vacay in San Francisco, complete with trolley ride, In 'N Out Burger, clam chowder bread bowl, Ghirardelli chocolate sundae, latte in Little Italy, General Tsao's in Chinatown, nap in a park overlooking the bay, and lots of good sightseeing (all in 6 hours I might add).


...for Jordan and Stacy (they're crazy) and the cutest schnookumswookums nephews and niece - Austen, Landon, and Noelle.


...for misconnects (airlinespeak for we-get-to-get-on-the-flight-because-you-didn't-make-it).

...that the Lord absolutely blows my mind all the time. Let me just include this verse:
"Splendor and majesty are before Him, Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary."
Psalm 96:6


...for Matt and that he's so committed to our marriage all the time, and that he has the same streak of adventure in him that I do (the Lord knows I need adventure like I need toothpaste...it's not essential for life, but it's still pretty much essential).


...for our vacuum that has firmly established its role as antkiller and a husband who bravely operates it (the Lord knows I can't do it).

That'll do it, have a great Saturday.
(I'd like to add that I've spent the last hour making these pictures work, so I hope you've thoroughly enjoyed them.)


3 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe all that in the less than 72 hours. That general tsao's chicken was so good I tear up just thinking of it. Surely that cook will prepare that at the Lamb's supper all things considered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's taking everything within me not to be jealous when I see the IN/OUT Burger sign!!!! Stacy & Jordan's kids are so cute, it looks like Matt really enjoyed seeing them again. Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the pics Sara----adorable---I need to buy a ticket!

    ReplyDelete