April 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday and A Synopsis On Thrills

You know, some things just simply thrill me. I don't have another word for it. I am thankful for many things, and you'll see some specific things in a moment, but some times I'm just thankful for them because they thrill me. And I'm thrilled for all different sorts of reasons.
Maybe it's something out of the ordinary in an ordinary day. Maybe it's because it made me laugh really hard. And I was by myself. And it ended with me talking to myself about it because it was so funny. Maybe it's because I got to have a special moment just between the Lord and I and nobody else would really understand. Maybe it's because I find other people just so dang interesting, and I never get tired of staring at them and being awed by the things they do, and that's a thrill in itself. Especially when Matt breaks into my reverie and brings me back to reality to tell me that I've been gazing at the couple at the table next to us for a solid ten minutes. And they're close enough to reach out and touch.
Maybe
. Who knows?? I don't know.
But what I do know is that I'm thankful that God gave me the ability to be easily entertained.

And with that, we begin Thankful Thursday.

I'm thankful...

...for my supervisor, Paul, and that I get to hand off difficult and getundermyskintotheverycoreofmyirritatedness passengers to him.

...for every week in our Esther women's study. I cannot express how much I have already come to love these ladies and our time together every week.

...for my mom's kindness and grace.

...for good girlfriends that you can watch Bride Wars with, and American Idol, and bake quiches, and play games, and go shopping, and call to get more sympathy over your bad haircolor than your husband could ever hope to give, and who will speak the truth to you even when it hurts.

...for my mom - for all the abovementioned reasons and a million more.

...for my husband - he's so dang funny all the time. What would I have done if I'd married a serious unfunny guy? Only Matt would've ever done, and nobody else.

...I know I've mentioned them before, but for Chris and Gloria. I haven't hung out with them in awhile and I just really miss them.

...for Elizabeth, Noah, Katie, and Lauryn (for Craig too, but he doesn't get to hang out with us for hours during the day).

...for my coffeepot - I'm sorry, but I'm still not over it.

Hey, I'm just curious... who reads this blog? Would it bother you if I asked you to leave a quick comment with your name and city, just so I have an idea? No? Okay, thanks. I'm just curious is all.
That'll be a wrap. Happy Thursday. Hope you have some thrills.

2 comments:

  1. Krystina, sister of Gloria, I live in Portland. I stop by about once a week! I love thankful Thursdays! What a great idea. I am going to start that tradition with my kids and hubby during thursday night dinner. It's a great way to give thanks to God, even for the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara...you know I read this every chance that I get. I love it. I am so incredibly thankful for such a wonderful friend. I feel like I can truly pour myself out to you and know that you will give me your true and honest opinion and you will let me know if I am really off base or just need a reality check. Keep writing..you are so good at it!

    ReplyDelete