March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

So my former pastor's wife from Durango, Linn, began this quite a while ago, as a reminder to be purposeful about the things we have to be thankful for.
I am thankful:
  • That Matt loves me deeply and lavishly - tonight we're having a date night that he initiated and planned completely (homemade pizza and a movie in front of the fireplace)!
  • That the Lord is so faithful to conform me into His image, even in the painful refining times.
  • For my little kitty, Cyrus, who for some reason, brings us so much joy and makes us laugh all the time. We communicate. I know you don't believe me, but we do. I know what he's thinking and he's a good listener.
  • For my job that's allowed us to fly all over the dang place. How kind is the Lord to give me a job that satisfies my desires and need for travel and adventure?!
  • For an amazing family, both my own and my in-laws.
  • Chris and Gloria - we hang out all the time and never get tired of each other, and I miss them when I haven't seen them for two days.

That'll do it for this week.
What are some things you're thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. I love to read your blog. Matt is so thoughtful and kind hearted.

    I am so thankful to God for is constant refinement and gentle hand.

    Sidney...my dog that I think is part human. The way he looks at me with those big eyes makes me think that he knows what I am saying.

    My health, everyday I see people who are struggling with health issues and disease. I thank God daily that I am in good health.

    Christopher..a man that I can never imagine life without. That accepts me for every flaw that I have and loves me unconditionally.

    Matt & Sara, life wouldn't be the same with out you! I truly believe that we should live communally so that we can always be together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blessed that God has put me in the presents of such wonderful, young, christian women. What an example for me. God is good.

    ReplyDelete